If you or someone you love has Parkinson’s disease and are searching for the very best in home care, ElderCare at Home offers the highest quality elder care, senior care and geriatric care for Parkinson’s patients in South Florida! Here are 6 tips for Parkinson’s caregivers:
- Be available to help with day-to-day tasks but let the person you are caring fro decide when and how much help they need. Encourage their independence and try to keep life as normal as possible for them.
- Add experts to your team, suggests the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Speech and physical therapists can be invaluable early on. A neurologist with training in Parkinson’s and other movement disorders can help you and your loved one build a good treatment plan.
- Get organized. A calendar just for noting appointments and symptoms is very handy. Keep it in a folder, along with insurance information, doctors’ phone numbers, and medication information and side effects.
- Reach out. A support group – which you can join on your own or with your partner – offers education, hope, social opportunities, a rest, advice from others who are going through similar experiences, and more. Your doctor or parkinson.org can help you find one.
- Think of yourself. Eat healthy, get enough sleep, find time for physical activity, and take time off every now and then to hang out with friends or catch a movie. Make sure to see your own health care provider if you’re feeling tired or down. You can’t take care of others if you don’t take care of yourself.
- Know your rights. You may be entitled to benefits if you miss work for caregiving. An Aging Life Care Professional® can help.
Parkinson’s Care at Home
ElderCare at Home has been providing South Florida Parkinson’s patients with the highest quality and most affordable Parkinson’s home care services for almost 20 years! If you are a patient that has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease or if you’re a caregiver that needs a little help, our professional, trained and experienced team of certified nurses aides, home health aides, RN’s and LPN’s, can help! You can learn more here!
Parkinson’s Care Palm Beach Gardens
Parkinson’s Care Boca Raton
Parkinson’s Care Delray Beach
Parkinson’s Care Wellington