Elayne Forgie, CMC, SRES, was unanimously accepted for appointment as a member of the Board of Directors for the Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast.
The Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach /Treasure Coast, Inc. is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to serving the needs of all seniors and their Caregivers in Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee counties.
Part of a nationwide network, The Area Agency on Aging provides information on aging issues, advocacy, one-on-one assistance and a host of services that help seniors maintain their independence and dignity.
With the help thousands of dedicated volunteers, donors, sponsors and professional agencies, The Area Agency on Aging delivers a wide range of services including:
- 2-1-1 Seniors Information & Referral Hotline.
- Foster Grandparent Program, providing one-on-one teaching support for children.
- SHINE Health Insurance Counseling Services.
- Leadership Institute for Active Aging, training seniors for leadership in volunteerism.
- Senior Advocacy Program, delivering support to seniors in need.
- RSVP Retired & Senior Volunteer Program, training. volunteers for local non-profit organizations and agencies
- Abuse Registry, with helpful information on how to indentify and prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation of seniors.
- and other great programs and services
In our most recent fiscal year, The Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach / Treasure Coast, Inc. managed over $30 million dollars in Federal, State, County and Donor funds. Working in partnership with community-based service providers, The Area Agency on Aging delivered services that touched more than 500,000 seniors, spending 95 cents of every dollar for direct service delivery.
To learn more about The Area Agency on Aging and how you can help, call 561-684-5885. Out of Area call: 1-866-684-5885. Feel free to visit the main office at 4400 North Congress Avenue in West Palm Beach, just south of 45th Street.Â Treasure Coast residents may visit our office at 416 Okeechobee Road in Ft. Piecre.