Knowing someone you trust will be there to help you prepare for surgery, and who will then care for you when you come home, can help ease your anxiety, and ensure you can recover in the comfortable and familiar surroundings of your own home.
During those critical 24 hours after coming home from a procedure, surgery or treatment, there is tremendous comfort and peace of mind knowing that our trained caregivers are present.
The goals of South Florida post-operative home care services include patient and family involvement, shared decision-making, and ﬂexibility throughout the recovery process, to assure your care plan best meets your needs.
A caring and compassionate caregivers strives to assure the client has a pleasant experience, even when the day surgery, treatment or procedure leaves them uncomfortable or out of sorts. The training and skills a caregiver receives prepares them to provide you with good care, safety and genuine companionship.
The New York Times published a great article, “Planning for Temporary Home Care After the Hospital Stay”, about the importance of planning ahead and hiring a care manager
Post-Op Home Care Services from ElderCare at Home
As you progress through the healing and recovery process, elder care in-home care services can provide you with the extra help you might need to make your recovery as comfortable as possible. Some of the post-op home care services available include:
- Healthy and hot nutritious meal preparation
- Assistance with transferring and ambulation
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Pick-up prescriptions and run errands
- Reminding you when to take your medications
- Comfort and safety
- Assist with range-of-motion exercises
- Help with bathing and dressing
- Provide respite care to family members
If your condition requires you receive more advanced care, a Registered Nurse RN or LPN can assist with:
- Changing dressings and draining fluids
- Observing post-operative progress
- Administering medications and injections
- Communicate your progress to your physician
Our post-operative care program encompass a wide variety of services, each based on the individual needs of the patient.
Post-op home care services are available in Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, and throughout South Florida.