Tuesday Tips for Caregivers – 5 Things You Should Know About Veteran’s Benefits
Here at ElderCare at Home, we want to ensure that our servicemen are aware of important information pertaining to their benefits. Veterans are often surprised at the number and types of benefits that are available.
If you’re just getting started in applying for veterans benefits, there are some basic things you should know.
- If you don’t apply for Veterans Benefits, they will not be handed out to you.
- You can qualify for some Veterans benefits with just one day of military service. Other benefits require that you to serve a minimum amount of time in the service.
- In order to obtain Veterans Benefits you must have the appropriate paperwork proving your status as a veteran.
- There are benefits for the spouse of a veteran as well.
- Submitting the correct paperwork will determine whether you get approved to receive benefits.
To speak with us ElderCare at Home
Feel free to call us at (888) 285-0093. Thanks for joining us for today’s Tuesday Tips for Caregivers and we’ll see you again next week!