Tuesday Tips for Caregivers – Exercising for the Elderly
Here are some activities that are beneficial to older adults:
- Walking. Walking is a perfect way to start exercising. It requires no special equipment, aside from a comfortable pair of walking shoes and can be done anywhere.
- Senior sports or fitness classes. Exercise classes keep you motivated while also providing a source of fun, stress relief and a place to meet friends.
- Water aerobics and water sports. Working out in water is wonderful for seniors because water reduces stress and strain on the body’s joints.
- Yoga. Yoga combines a series of poses with breathing. Moving through the poses works on strength, flexibility and balance. Yoga can be adapted to any level.
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong. Martial arts-inspired systems of movement that increases balance and strength. Classes for seniors are often available at your local YMCA or community center.
To contact ElderCare at Home
Contact our office at (888) 285-0093 for more information or email us below. Thanks for joining us today and we’ll see you again next week!