Tuesday Tips for Caregivers -Finding Time for Exercise While Caregiving
When caring for an aging loved one, fitting time in to exercise, let alone time for you may seem far from possible. The fact of the matter is you have to make your health a priority to provide the best care for your loved one. Staying healthy involves exercising. We are here to tell you that it is possible to take time for yourself and include getting your heart pumping and blood flowing at the same time.
Here are 5 tips to help you fit exercising into your already jam packed day.
- Have you heard that saying, “I am running into the grocery store…”? Literally use that term and speed walk. Try speed walking through your errands.
- Don’t fight for the front parking spot. Take a further away spot to use the extra walking time for your benefit. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk your dog rather than letting them run in the yard while you watch.
- Waiting in line at the pharmacy? Try flexing your abs while you are waiting. Try raising your heels 10 times and stretching your calf muscles.
- Use those reusable grocery bags to your advantage. Ditch the shopping cart and carry two of your reusable bags around the store. They work as great weights!
- Before getting ready for the day, try 25 crunches or squats. Before you hit the shower for your morning routine, roll out of bed straight into some stretching and then a few small work outs. It is great to get your blood flowing this early and sets the mood for the day.
To contact ElderCare at Home
Feel free to call us at (888) 285-0093. Thanks for joining us today and we’ll see you again next week!